Apparently, this is a Martha Stewart recipe. A quite good and easy one and relatively simple to convert to gluten free. I made these for a new years eve gathering at our house last night and amidst all the game playing fun, forgot to put them out. Sad. We ate one after everyone was gone but I’m left with about a dozen of them. Guess I’ll be taking them to my parent’s house for everyone to share today.
These really are simple and quick to make. Mercy (my 3 year old) had a great time helping me. Can you tell? 🙂
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
(This is half of the original recipe. The original recipe makes 30 which I didn’t need. If you want that many, just double everything)
*15 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 15 left whole, and 7 or 8 coarsely chopped (The Kinnikinick brand of GF oreos has about 21 or 22 in the container) If you use regular oreos you will have some leftovers to snack on. 🙂
* 1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/s tsp vanilla extract
* 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top.
Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.
These are fun any time but would certainly make great dessert for a baby shower or party. I read on one blog where someone said they tinted the cheesecake part blue for a boy baby shower. Cute idea.
Hope you enjoy these!